An ideal mobile application that teaches and tracks strength training such as push-ups, sit-ups, squats & lunges for beginners.
- A guide to each different type of strength training
- In built alarm for cool down
- Set notification reminder of inspiring music for your exercise
This problem started when I did my exercises to prepare for my race. I did not have any guide or reference to do the exercises. Sometimes, I would forget to do my exercises and this will affect consistency.
Existing Solutions/Competitive Analysis
There are apps in the market that address this.
Simple functionality to reach complicated goals:
• Seven independent programs can be used in any combination
• Level selection, depending on the results of a physical fitness test
• Automatic “rest” timer with custom settings
• Workout schedule with reminders
• Regular adjustments of workout intensity to your level
• Detailed statistics of exercises performed
• Import and export your data
• Interface that does not distract you from you main goal
Strength: Lots of features that enhances the users exercise routine.
Weakness: Does not have an inbuilt audio player
Opportunities: Increase or decrease more features
Threat: A lot of apps that does the same
Mock Up Design
Things to improve on
- View statistics of exercises performed
- Record and View your progress week by week
- Improve UI
- Allow to add more reminders in a single activity
How to make an Android device vibrate?
Richard Dawkins Alarm Clock Tutorial
C347 Android Programming II – P06 (Alarm Manager, Notification, Broadcast Receiver)
C347 Android Programming II – P07 (Fragment)