An easy mobile application that calculates your BMI & Pace while becoming your personal diary. Recommended for those taking the C25K program.
- Calculate your BMI & Pace
- Log how you feel and rate your run
- Create/View/Update journal entries anytime
This problem started when I first started running and I felt that I could not express myself about exercise only. It was not a easy journey for me and I thought I was running for a certain someone. I was clueless in the right running techniques and unsure of the pace of my runs.
Existing Solutions/Competitive Analysis
There are solutions that act as a journal but they do not address strictly for running or the C25K program. Below are two examples:
Journey – Diary, Journal
- Sync across devices with Google Drive using In-app data
- Swipe between entries for easy reading
- Lock diary: Pass-code & Fingerprint
- Markdown shortcuts (In-app Purchase)
- Word and character count
- Create photo / video / sticker entry
Strength: Lots of features that enhances the users diary use.
Weakness: Does not incorporate fitness/C25K program
Opportunities: Can be suited specifically for fitness
Threat: A lot of diary/journal based apps
Above is the slideshow for the calculator function
Above is a slideshow on what the app looked like.
Things to improve on
- Better UI. (Buttons, Background)
- Form Validation for Log Diary
- Prevent Duplication in Write New
- Adding in more and better transitions
- Offer more features for BMI and Pace Calculator (How much to lose/gain for BMI, inform user what would be optimal pace for run/jogging/walking)
- View Diary & Search Diary can be shown more details
Android Studio Tutorial – 32 – Insert data into SQLiteDatabase by PRABEESH R K
Android Studio Tutorial – 33 – Read data from Database by PRABEESH R K
Android Studio Tutorial – 36 – Delete information from a Database by PRABEESH R K
Android Studio Tutorial – 37 – Update Database by PRABEESH R
Create an Android BMI Calculator App by hundredvisionguy